The original started it’s life on the Bernina Bahn in 1909. The description was “Elektro Triebwagen”. The housing was made of wood and this loco resembled a freight carriage. In 1965 the number was changed from 51 into 151 en in 1980 the housing was plated with steel. The original colour was gray, after the takeover by the Rh.B. the colour became green, red-brown and finally in the early 90’s orange.